Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 16:58:24 -0400

I have a lot of food and drug allergies.  A couple weeks ago I had skin
allergy testing for 67 foods.  All the testing came back negative.  I have
allergic reaction to fish, seafood, chocolate, dairy products, eggs, corn,
yeast, soy and peanuts.  With these foods I have some of the following
reactions - rash, hives, swelling, sick, etc.  Six weeks ago I had reaction
to eggs - rash, hives and swelling on the face and neck.  Doctor had me
take Prednizone Dose Pak and after five of those pills had reactions which
sent me to the ER and then admitted to the hospital as they thought it was
a heart problem.  Tests were taken and they were negative.  I had told them
I thought it was allergic reaction when I went to the hospital.  They then
decided it was a reaction to the Prednizone.

My doctor thinks the problem is not an allergy problem but that it is
caused by an intestinal problem.  He knows that I am a self diagnosed
Celiac and that Celiac Disease is an intestinal malabsorption disorder.

Has anybody else had negative reactions on food allergy testing to foods
they are allergic to?  If so, why does your doctor think the tests show up
negative?  Also, what does he suggest you do regarding this problem?  What
a problem it is as I keep having more allergies to foods and drugs.

My allergist said he may try me on Gastrocom (which is a prescription).  He
is waiting until I go to my new GI doctor in September to see what he has
to say before he puts me on any medication.  Has anybody tried Gastrocom
and did it help?
Thanks for any information.

Marilyn     [log in to unmask]