From:
Arden LaBonte <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arden LaBonte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:31:55 -0500

My original post, "I'm looking for a replacement for the Fig Newton bar(cookie)by Nabisco,  Any suggestions?"
The following were the responses.

1. If you look at www.madebymona.com  you will find a recipe for date bars that I think would work with figs as well.  I've been dying to try it myself.

2. Bi-Lo's a local grocery chain in North Carolina sells a gluten free fig
newton on their specialty foods aisle. It is a tasty substitute. next time I
am in the store I will get the name of the snack for you. Will try to go
this weekend.

3. Check in Bette Hagman's Dessert Cookbook for the fig newton cookie.  This was my recipe that I worked on and tested with several support groups and national meetings.

5. Orgran makes a similar bar, but with blueberry or apricot.  You can order
them from the GF Pantry, but you may be able to find them in a local health
food store.  Maybe e-mail Orgran.

6.Do what I do and buy those figs in the long boxes ... Safeway has them
I miss the Newtons too.

7.I received a recipe for fig newtons I'll send to who wants it.