From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:22:44 -0600

Hi All,
Don Wiss and I were talking and we both felt that we need to get some
national media exposure for celiac disease as it is not often considered by
physicians until the emergence of classic signs. Even then, only a few seem
to have much of a level of suspicion for celiac disease.

I am thrilled by the new magazine, Sully's Living Without, and what it may
offer to the celiac community. It is certainly a large step in the right
direction.  International television coverage seems a reasonable next step.

Don forwarded a post from the fibromyalgia news group which indicated that
Oprah intends to do a show on hard to diagnose diseases. A Mr. Brady, who
apparently works on the show, has indicated that this is in the works, and
has had some communication with someone from the fibromyalgia news group.

I wonder if some e-mails to Mr. Brady might sway them to include celiac
disease in their show? It would do wonders for increasing public awareness,
and it might even reach a few physicians and politicians.

Mr Brady's address is:

I do hope you will join me in letting Mr. Brady know that celiac disease is
a good candidate for their show.

Thanks for your support.
best wishes,
Ron Hoggan