Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 18:20:35 -0400

-----------------------------------
Don Wiss wrote:
My maternal grandmother had alzheimers. This would be the same branch as my
CD. Does anybody on the list have alzheimers in their family? Would this be
on the same side as you suspect your CD came from? Is it possible that
alzheimers is just another symptom of an undiagnosed celiac?
This is an interesting question.  I suspect that my CD comes from my father's
side of the family because, as my great aunt said, they have "always had
bowel trouble."  My paternal grandmother had alzheimers.

Is there a greater incidence of alzheimers in certain ethnic groups?  Maybe
Irish and Jewish?

I have another question that I've been wondering about.  What is the
incidence of CD in cultures that have been non-wheat eaters traditionally
i.e. Native American and Oriental?

Denise in TN