From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:40:56 -0500

In October, Chicken Paradise  (www.chickenparadise.com) has had several
celiac visitors who have been very generous in their compliments.

 I quote from one visitor...."We were totally awestruck by what we found
here at Chicken Paradise.  It's a destination in and of itself.  You two are
so peaceful, brilliant and fun to be around and Chicken Paradise seems like
a natural extension of your souls.  I can't wait to come back.  The food has
been so delicious and totally GLUTEN FREE.  You and your creation are a one
in a million find.  I'm going in to work today again.... and can hardly wait
to get back, see you two, and go for a swim, talk with Chutney (the wonder
dog) and the chickens, and take in the beauty all around me here.  Maybe
I'll even have a chance to write in the treehouse today.  Thank  you, thank
you, thank you!!!"

And another visitor recorded the details of her visit at

http://gladtobeglutenfree.blogspot.com/2008/10/chicken-paradise-b-our-home-a
way-from.html.
If this link does not work you can go to
http://www.gladtobeglutenfree.blogspot.com/ and scroll down to the previous
posting.

On a sadder note, to those of you who have visited Chicken Paradise in the
past, you might want to know that Blondie, the Senior Ranking Hen has passed
on.  She had been ailing for the last week or so, and at age 9 1/2 years,
she departed this life on Halloween, Oct. 31, 2008.  She has been buried
under the herb garden with a final ceremony today, November 1.

When you return for a visit, she won't be here to circle your table at
breakfast out by the pool, and gently receive the tidbits you offer her as
in previous visits.  Blondie was one of the  first 12 chickens to arrive
here, at age 2 days.  She lived a lot longer than most chickens and was my
constant companion whenever I would head to the garden with a spade or
pruners.  She would gently and politely remind me that she was patiently
waiting for an earthworm, but if I got too close to her, she was indignant,
but quite the lady.  We really miss her, and if you have stayed here at
Chicken Paradise, you will know what I mean.

We hope you come for a visit whenever pleasure or business brings you to San
Antonio, Texas.

Anne Barfield
San Antonio, Texas
 <http://www.chickenparadise.com/> www.chickenparadise.com