From:
"Kristin M. Weber" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:27:16 -0500

Here's a summary of the responses I received to my inquiry about the
Welbilt bread machine.  I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to
reply.  I did purchase the 4100T (for $90 on sale at Bradlee's in New
Jersey).  (I haven't used it yet though.)

(Actually I have used it by NOW, and it worked just great!)

About the 4100T, specifically:

Kristin, I got one of these machines at Christmas, just follow the
directions provided and it works great, good luck.***

My fiance bought me the Welbilt ABM4100T bread machine in December, and I
tried it for the first time this past week (we were in the process of
moving and stuff).  There are 3-4 gf bread recipes in the owners manual - I
was shocked!  I was also surprised to read that bit on the outside of the
box about it being able to make gf bread....

Well, I tried one of the recipes from the owners manual - the cheddar
bread.  The instructions are very specific for gf breads, and what to look
for after the first kneading to know if it needs more water or not.  I was
really impressed!   The loaf turned out fairly well, except for a dent in
the top end of the bread (about a half to one inch dent in the center of
the end, if that makes sense).   There was also a small hole in the other
end, but that's where the beater was, so that makes sense.  I have no idea
why a portion of the bread fell...but it really didn't fall completely, so
the bread was more than salvageable.  And it tasted great!  I had some the
next morning as toast, and talk about yummy!  It was my first attempt at
baking gf bread (with and without a bread machine).

I would highly recommend this bread machine!  (I have no interest in
Welbilt, other than being a satisfied customer).***

 I was just talking to my Mom about this particular Welbilt model.  I
have CD and it looks like my Dad has got it now too.  Needless to say,
Mom is searching for a good bread machine.  She's gone to support group
meetings in Houston and she's heard good things about this machine.  Hope
it helps.***

I use the above mentioned welbuilt machine and am quite pleased with it. It
makes the small or large size loaf- although the large is my preference
because you can freeze the remainder and take out as needed. But it's also
nice to have the option of a smaller one in case you are testing out a new
recipe and don't want to "waste" any precious supplies if you are not sure
how it will turn out. My favorite thing is that the pan is rectangular- I
tried a few machines before settling on this one and decided a slice of
bread should not look like a frisbee as many of the round pans seem to be.
Our bread is funny looking as it is, no need to call attention to a big
round flying saucer coming out of your mouth at the office lunch room :)
just a tip though, the ingredients need a two minute help mixing with a
wooden spoon to get it all going, but after that- it's on it's own.***

I have a Welbuilt that says on the box "makes gluten free bread" and it
works GREAT!! It even came with a receipe book that contains gluten free
receipes. I have found that it works better if you help it mix during the
mixing cycle with a rubber spatula.***

About other machines:

Kris, I use an ABM4800 all the time, and I'm happy with it.  As long
as I remember to bake an extra 20 minutes, choosing the light crust
option, the bread is great!  I just wish I had a machine that
allowed me to specify the bake time.***

I'm new to this list too. I received the Welbilt ABM 4800 as a gift
recently, and I think it works great! I haven't tried a lot of different
recipes in it yet, but the brown and white rice bread I've made was
delicious. No problems, as long as I followed the recipe.***

      I have tried a couple of the bread machines.  I have the Red Star
Bread Machine now.  It workes very well because it has a dough only
cycle and a bake only cycle which allows you to bake the bread when it
gets to its highes point.  The machine only costs about $99.00.  Red
star also has a recipe booklet for gluten free bread that they put
together using this machine.  They also have an 800 number if you have
problems.  To get more information just call 1800-423-5422.  This
machine makes great bread and I take a small amount out after it mixes
to make a pizza crust.  ***