From:
Rebecca markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:44:37 -0600

I have been wondering about this aspect of the ADHD question for a
while.  How many of us moms of ADHD/austistic spectrum disorders kids
had gestational diabetes-type problems in the pregnancy?

I had read on the WWW that a lack of manganese in maternal guinea pigs
led to offspring with somewhat damaged pancreases.  Manganese is a trace
mineral that works with thyroid and in carbohydrate metabolism...

The first question to ask, is, is there a relationship between
gestational diabetes and learning problems in the offspring?  For this
to have any validity, I would need to hear from  Moms who had gest.
diabetes, that did or did not result in problems, as well as Moms of
kids with learning problems but who did not have even borderline
problems....

Incidentally, Vance had referenced an article in Newsweek magazine about
the 6 types of ADD...one of the types is diagnosed in women in their
forties....the reccommended treatment is a high protein diet.  Wonder
how many of those responding women are celiacs?

Bec