From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 08:57:20 -0500

Hi,
I post here directly, as Deland bread has caused harm to many people with
celiac and I want to be sure it wont be the case again.

In her recent message here, Lauren said:

"YES I have read the comments and
posts on the supposedly 10%=20
gluten found in their millet bread
but am still waiting for some=20
published proof that this test
actually took place.  I will not respond to any mail regarding the =
millet bread at Deland bakery
as this was not what my post was about"

Here is one of the many proofs.

excerb from:  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?
A2=ind0402C&L=celiac&P=R1684&D=0
It has been posted by Mike Jones, the owner of this very Listserv here:

 E>I recently obtained a copy of a qualitative gluten test report performed
by AIB International of Manhattan, KS, sample 1261.

In the sample, it showed positive results, with gluten being greater
than 10 percent. This is well beyond the amount that is considered safe
for any celiac by any of the experts.

The bread sample tested was from the Deland Bakery in Florida.<<

>>If anyone has a reference to the product being gluten-free and you had
problems, please contact your local FDA District Office Consumer
Complaint Coordinator
http://www.fda.gov/opacom/backgrounders/complain.html and file a
complaint, if you think it is appropriate. If they desire a copy of the
test report, I will send it directly to the FDA office.<<

Also, read all the posts of these 2 threads at the Delphi forum:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/start
  Nina is a pediatrician and has been v
ery upset her son had his
antibodies way too high because of Deland millet bread.  Here is the
thread:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=30907.1
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=34045.1

Hope it clarifies the situation,