From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:26:47 -0400

We all have our favorites, and certainly Udi's has their following since they were one of the first companies to produce a decent GF bread that we could buy at our regular grocery stores. Yea for them! But (and there is always a but, eh?) the last two loaves  I have purchased have been total disappointments. Both have had holes running through them that rendered one loaf (a large one from Costco) only half useable (as in eight out of 15 or so slices), and the other (a regular sized loaf from Safeway that I purchased yesterday) a total waste as the hole ran through the entire loaf and was nearly the size of the slice, leaving us with crust only. I have emailed Udi's both times. The first time they were very quick to respond (within 30 minutes), apologized and send me a coupon for a free Udi's product. This time was just a few minutes ago but I suspect they will respond. I think they are a good company, but they need to fix whatever is going on with their bread. We prefer Canyon Bakehouse breads anyway and usually buy them when we are in a store that carries them, and they never have holes like this.

I guess bread crumbs or a baked French toast casserole is all I'll get out of this loaf, if I get that. But I am at least three hours from a grocery that carries Canyon Bakehouse breads so there'll be no sandwiches for my son this week. Bummer.