From:
Lee Family <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:21:19 -0700

I'm sure that many of you who have been following the Gannon's awareness campain are very excited to see the Oakland Raider's going to the Super Bowl this Sunday.  Rich Gannon's success is very helpful to our cause, and can help local awareness as well as national awareness.

Yesterday evening we sent an email to several local television and radio stations, and newspapers.  Today, a newspaper reporter called asking to do a story this week.  He has relatives with celiac disease, and has wanted to do a column on celiac for a long time.  The Rich Gannon spin was just what he needed for an article.

I'm confident that similar situations exist across the United States.  The Super Bowl is very big, and the Gannon's story is very touching.  More people are being diagnosed, and other people are becoming curious about it.  Sending information to local media THIS WEEK can be highly effective.  We recommend sending the image of Rich and his daughter Danielle from www.celiaccenter.org along with their recent press release at
http://www.celiaccenter.org/PublicServiceAnnouncements/GannonTouchdowns.html.

Another idea is to send a brief, polite email to national morning talk shows like the Today Show or Good Morning America, encouraging them to interview the Gannons.

Robert & Amber Lee
www.gfutah.org