From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 17:17:26 -0500

I saw bottles of Tony Roma's BBQ sauce at my local Safeway the other day.
We are fans of their sauces, having heard that they are GF, but having them
on hand has always been a challenge as the closest restaurant is three hours
away.  I contacted the manufacturer to see if the mass market recipe is the
same as the sauce at the restaurants (because we all know that formulas can
change when a new market is discovered), and they assured me it is safe for
Celiacs.  Here's their reply:

You are absolutely right to check, because products do change from plant to
plant.  I am happy to inform you that our retail Tony Roma's barbecue sauce
is the same as you get at the restaurant and are gluten free.

Happy Holidays!

Terry Italia
Greystar Products, Inc.
(714) 637-5906