From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:32:55 -0400

I've been frustratedly dealing with diarrhea that's been on and off for the
past year or so.  I've checked out hidden gluten and dairy products as well
as wine, coffee, and potential allergies (potatoes, soy, nuts, raisins,
ginkgo, etc.).    Just when I thought I have the solution, the runs recur.

 I've gotten off all food supplements and changed them to no avail.  I've
tried digestive enzymes.  I'm now feeling its effect on my energy.  I hate
the feeling of being tired and sluggish.  I have an appointment with my MD
in two weeks.

I'm thinking of different medical possibilities which I hope to rule out.

One is leaky gut.  I've read many postings here, but really paid not much
attention to it.  I tried accessing the archives and the web site to no
avail.   Would you once again tell me (and the others) what it is and how
it's treated.  Is it chronic?  Is there information on this in Internet?

What about retractive celiac - I think that's the term that was used by
someone some time ago.   Is that chronic, and similiar to having untreated
celiac?

I'm finally reaching out in near-desperation, and your responses would be
so greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mildred O.