From:
Diane Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 16:34:52 -0800

Hey List -
Regarding Amy's post on Kelloggs products she noted in part:

   "I talked to the US Kellogg's--she says that the malt flavoring they
   use is a combination of barley sprouts and corn."

I've have heard that we can eat *sprouts* and *grasses* of wheat,
barley, etc.  That the gluten is contained in the kernal.
If this is indeed true, then we could eat Kelloggs cereals that
contain malt.  Yes?  No?

So, who is expert enough to explain if wheat or barley or rye sprouts
and/or grasses contain gluten?

Thanks
Diane - Kirkland WA USA