From:
CurtissAnn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CurtissAnn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:19:24 -0800

I wanted to pass along this info that came in from one of our list mates concerning my question. There is nothing on the site to suggest they do testing for private individuals. Have not queried them.

>>TDL do a lot of testing here in the UK. They also do it for people abroad (sent by doctor) inc US. The usual HLA tissue typing test costs £100 (about $150) - if the test is 'negative' ie does not show the
usual DQ2 or DQ8 genes, it costs more to identify exactly what these
other genes are.
http://www.tdlpathology.com/
http://www.tdlpathology.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=73
This
might be a cheaper alternative than some US firms. BTW This test (which
is more frequently done free on the NHS here) actually now costs much
less to do so they all make a good return on this!<<