Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 21:30:30 EDT

Several people have expressed concerns regarding communion.  This is what our
church does.

Our church (Presbyterian) has at least three members who are either celiac or
wheat intolerant.  So a little over two years ago they went to a completely
gluten-free communion for the entire congregation.  They order GF bread from
a local deli who is very knowledgeable about baking gluten-free and then
about five members take turns preparing the bread for communion.  This works
very well and so far no one has complained about having to eat GF bread for
communion - and this way no one feels left out.

I am not sure what our membership numbers but I do know we have to prepare
1200 bread cubes for regular Sunday services.

Because of this we have celiacs who visit us on communion Sundays just to
partake.
We serve communion the first Sunday of each month and then on special
occasions like Christmas Eve and Easter.

If you are ever in Louisville, KY please visit us - Harvey Browne
Presbyterian Church, 311 Browns Lane, Louisville, KY  40207

LaVaughan Will