From:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Suzanne Rampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:36:14 -0500

I would just like to add a personal postscript ... a matter of
learning for me, and I hope for others.

If I had simply gotten the name and position of the person who
originally gave me information about Penzeys, I would have saved
myself and a lot of others (not to mention Penzeys) much grief.  I
had people writing to me fearful that they'd been poisoning their
children by using these products, or adamant that there could be
nothing wrong with the spices because they had never personally had a
reaction ... and even one person who suspected having a reaction,
recently, to these spices.  Now that I've passed along the company's
response, we will each have to make our own personal decisions about
the product.

Unfortunately, all we can do is rely on the information we are given
by manufacturers -- and then decide for ourselves how much we trust
it.

So, for me, I will not post information to this group unless I have
the name and position of the person providing the information -- and
I will always ask that the company provide their information in
writing to me, if possible, so I can pass along their position
verbatim.  I know many others here do that now --  so I guess you're
all several steps ahead of me in this game that none of us chose to
play.  :-)

Best to all,
Suzanne