From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:11:53 -0800

Hi All--

I faxed my dentist all of the information on dental
material, anesthetics, manufacturers and phone numbers
that people have posted to the list this year so that
we could get me through a simple gf filling
restoration on Monday. His office called yesterday and
left a message that they really had no way of knowing
if what they use contains gluten. (Can they not call
the manufacturer of what they plan to use?)

Anyway, their office is closed today, so I can't talk
with them. They mentioned in their phone message that
they had sent me info on the Clifford Test and perhaps
I should contact them to be tested for sensitivities.

I have not made other possible sensitivities an issue
with this dentist - only gluten. My inclination at
this point is to change dentists.

What do ya'll think? I hate changing dentists - this
one has been really good about using powderless
gloves, plain water to rinse, etc. Any suggestions on
how I can convince this dentist to be more
accommodating? I even suggested that they tell me what
they were going to use and I would call the
manufacturer...

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions. --Ayn/Kansas