Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:22:42 -0500

If my husband is eating a sandwich and I am ready to leave, I run in and
give him a kiss.
He stops me and wipes his mouth with a napkin to brush away any potential
crumbs. I
have never, ever had any issue because of this. Sometimes these issues can
get blown
out of proportion. A teeny, tiny little crumb is probably far less than the
20 ppm you are
allowed per day anyway. So relax, kiss him and enjoy!

Here’s a few links I had in my favorites...
_http://quirkyalone.net/index.php/2011/06/05/sex-and-the-single-celiac/_
(http://quirkyalone.net/index.php/2011/06/05/sex-and-the-single-celiac/)
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGq_Vz6TuE_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnGq_Vz6TuE)
_http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/faqs/f/Kissing.htm_
(http://celiacdisease.about.com/od/faqs/f/Kissing.htm)
There are more articles online that get into the more nitty-gritty side of
Sex and the Celiac. Google them and they magically appear!
The only beer I would suggest would be GF beer...Shirley  There
are several out there now but they’re difficult to find unless you buy them

directly from a wine&liquor store. I have found a few pizza shops in the
Midwest that serve GF pizza AND GF beer.
Your Celiac Buddy...

I have been gluten-free for 12 years, my husband  isn't.

He suffered with me and for me before I was diagnosed, so he  understands
the importance of me being gluten-free.

We  rarely kiss deeply (of course we've been married 37 years, so that
kind of went by the wayside), but he is very aware  of what he has
recently eaten so he usually goes for a slightly  sideways kiss so I get
his cheek.

That being said, an easy  explanation for a dating situation would be to
say
you were allergic to  wheat and if in doubt go for a "peck" or a really
good
hug. (believe me,  women like hugs)

If you are sure the person has just brushed his/her  teeth, then take
advantage.

Good luck!

keep extra toothbrushes, floss etc & they can brush after a meal at the
restaurant.
At home same thing... I also keep wipes in the car. If at home they eat
what I
eat - but upon arrival they must wash hands - brush teeth etc... No gluten
allowed in my house or on anyone I will be in close contact with...

Yes I insist that the teeth are brushed. Might ruin the moment, but it's
better than
getting sick later!

Hi Stephen,
I saw your post on the celiac yahoo  board and just had to reply. Good
for you for being aware of the risks  involved in locking lip with
gluten contaminated partners.

Im always  really up front with ppl that they need to brush their teeth
before kssing  happens. and im ok with that level of "clean." I will
say that with the  understanding that that cant always happen (if youre
out somewhere and wanna  smooch) i would encourage you to find other
affection methods... i have been  fortunate to have had ,men in my
life who support my gluten-freedom and we  found that NOT kissing could
actually turn out to be a lot more fun and sexy  than making out.

But long story short yes i am a tooth-brush require-er.  ive never had
a problem with it and hope you have a great time:P

Yes a very good question i have the same problem  i'am gluten intolrante
and wife ain't and if she wants to kiss and forgets to  brush her teeth and i
remind her i does destroy the mood also even if she  brush's her teeth i can
still smell or taste wath she ate and will not kiss her  so can't wait to
here if anybody has some good ideas

I was thinking about this just this morning? Would  you please post any
replies you receive? Thanks.

My husband is a gluten eater, and it would not be  good for our
relationship if he had to rinse his mouth or brush his teeth every  time we wanted to
kiss. If he was *just* eating, I make sure he wipes his mouth  and there are
no crumbs on his lips before kissing him. Otherwise, I don't worry  about
it. In my personal opinion, you can take being careful too far, and this  is
one of those cases. Others may feel differently, however...

Stephen
Loving Dolphin
Indianapolis

"If (I)you don't go after what (I)you want, (I)you will never have it.

If (I)you don't ask, the answer will always be no.

If (I)you don't step forward, (I'm) you're always in the same place."
--Nora Roberts, author

"Individual commitment to a group effort -- that is what makes a team work,

a company work, a society work, a civilization to work".
--Vince Lombardi

CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL: "Canine Lessons"
from "What I Learned from a Dog."

"If I was anything like my dog, I would greet everyone I know with sheer
enthusiasm.

I would consistently react with joy, to a smiling face or simple treat.

And I would ride through life {live} with the window wide open and
gleefully welcome the breezes of experience in my Face !"

--Beverly F. Walker