From:
Barbara Emch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 07:59:03 EDT

Hi  everyone,

I recently was at a local mall and thought I would inquire about the gluten
free status of the smashed potato with steak at the Steak Escape restaurant.
The girl at the counter read the ingredients of the steak which seemed okay as
it contained corn and soy protein.  I told her I could probably eat it so I
put my order in.   I also asked her if any of the buns for the sandwiches were
grilled on the same grill and she told me no.  Well, I decided to watch how
the potato was made as the grill is in plain view and was shocked to see on
the same grill as my potato, two sandwiches.  To make the sandwiches, they
place the buns upside down over the meat so I'm sure there were crumbs on the
grill.  Also, the same spatula that was used to pick up these sandwiches, were
used to turn over my potato.  I told the counter girl that I had to cancel my
order after seeing all this and the manager gave me my money back.

I just wanted to relate this experience as I'm sure others might assume, like
I did, that the smashed potato was okay to eat, but because of the
preparation, it was not.

Barb from NE Ohio