Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 04:00:02 -0400

Hi all,
As many of us know ,this is the place to go when we need answers.Sometimes it seems, the only place to go.
 I am an undiagnosed Celiac or gluten intolerant.My son and I have both had the blood tests and they came back negative.The gluten load incapictated me.
   Going GF is literally changing my life.I had many atypical as well as classic symptoms that are gone or improving..
  I have a ten year old son who's been suffering from leg cramps all his life,has reflux,awful smelly gas(no diarrhea) and has started with depression and hallucinations a couple of years ago.He's also almost impossible to keep down,discipline wise.Is very impulsive and explosive and I hate to say it,but he get's a stomach aches every sunday night when it's convenient to miss school.I've accused him of faking, but sometimes I really have to wonder and I of all people should know better.
   Now that I've convinced everyone and myself :-), that he could benefit from a GF diet,I need help,suggestions,support on how to implement a GF diet for him. He's undiagnosed so there's no support from the medical community. He doesn't want to do the diet at the moment and ,bless his heart, he's sneaky.I'm very concerned that with my income at the moment that I couldn't even afford to pack his lunches.I need suggestions on
1. how to make the diet more appealing to him.What GF foods (inexpensive) that are available at the market that kids like and Yes at this point I don't mind sugaring him up at first if it keeps him GF.

2, how to afford to keep it up for him.

3. How to convince other adults that he absolutely needs this.His Dad(my ex) and probably quite a few others may try to slip him forbidden foods without understanding the consequenses .

4. Anything else that those with experience can share.

A big thank you to those who've gotten to the end of this and a huge thank you for everyone on the list.

Monica