From:
Brian Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 19:31:05 -0500

Thanks to all who responded.  Here is a summary on various items:
crackers, breads, cookies, donuts and companies to use.

Companies:  Many said that you do not like Ener-G products overall and
the better companies to uses are Kinnikinnick Foods at
www.kinnikinnick.com or call at 1-877-503-4466;  The Gluten Free Pantry;
glutensolutions.com; Miss Roben's;  Mr. Ritt's;  Gluten-Free Cookie Jar
in Trevose, PA.  (I do not know how to get in touch with Miss Roben's,
Mr.Ritt's, or the GF Cookie Jar, so if anyone knows let me know on
that.)

Donuts:  The best donuts can be ordered from Kinnikinnick Foods and they
freeze well.  They also have great blueberry muffins.  No one commented
on the Ener-G donuts.

Crackers:  Several said this is the only thing they order from Ener-G
that they think is good.  Order Gourmet Crackers from Ener-G or item
#4721.  Glutano Crackers are good at www.glutenfreegrocery.com

Breads:  Many mentioned that I should use Bette Hagman's recipes for
crescent rolls or crumpet bread to make the hamburger buns or sandwich
rolls.  They freeze well.  Cybros rolls are good--freeze on
delivery--order at 1-800-876-2253 or go to www.cybrosinc.com.  Dietary
Specialties in NY/NJ make great rolls, buns, cakes and pies--was not
given address or phone # though.  The breadcrumbs by Ener-G were
recommended for meatloafs or oven-fry chicken, but many said to stay
away from all Ener-G bread products such as buns and sandwich breads.
Contact Beth Hillson at the Gluten-Free Pantry to help modify mixes to
make hamburger buns at www.glutenfree.com.

Cookies:  Miss Roben's Glutafin Custard Creams and Teas Biscuits (round
vanilla cookies)  are good. Gluten Solutions sells a great cookie called
Savoiardi  Lady Fingers by Shar at www.glutensolutions.com.   Chocolate
O's are a great sub for Oreo's, but do not know where to order them.

About Freezing:  Freeze things one slice at a time in individual freezer
bag then defrost at room temp.

Thanks for all who responded and let me know how to get in touch with
some of the companies I mentioned.

Melinda in TX