From:
David and Rebecca Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 14:26:45 +1000

Thank-you to everyone who replied to my message about cooking with
flour. I will summarise the various replies, there were many varied
flours mentioned and it seems to be personal taste and the type of
outcome you require. I wish I was orgainised enough to try and test some
of the different flours, I guess my guests will find out on Saturday
night.

potato starch flour - do not use as much as wheat flour as it thickens
very well

rice flour - produces a thick sauce, can use either browm or white

potato flour

Betty Hagman's Mixture - 2 parts white rice flour, 2/3 parts potato
starch flour, 1/3 tapoica starch

sweet rice flour - not as grainy as other flours. tends to only combine
at the last second but unlike wheat flour does not break down, also
freezes well.

tapioca starch - arrowroot in Australia

chestnut flour - provides a richer flavour

amaranth

corn starch

Regards,

Rebecca