Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 13:04:38 -0400

Hi-
 I am asking these questions for my grandson - who just turned one year old
- is not gaining weight and his pediatrician finally referred him to a pedi
GI at Hershey Medical - PA.  My daughter has been resistant to my advice...I
am the diagnosed celiac in the family.
A few questions:
1.  If you have a young child  - under 2 - who was diagnosed how was the
diagnosis made?  This baby does not consume much wheat - I don't know about
quantity of gluten - so not sure how.. effective the blood tests would
be....?
2. He has had very bad eczema - has anyone experienced this as well and what
did you do to clear it up?
3.  Have you noticed developmental delays - walking, sitting, talking?
4.  What do you feed your toddlers with celiac disease?  Other than meats,
vegetables and rice?  Lunches?  Snacks?
5.  Has anyone had any experience at Hershey with their pedi GI's?
6.  He also has very bad seasonal asthma/allergies - has anyone found
anything other than zyrtec that works well?

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated -
Thanks
Deb/CT