From:
Thai One <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:22:10 EST

Immediate action needed! Celiac Letter of support for improved food labeling
to be sent to your US Senator. This must go out immediately. (Do not write to
senators from any state but your own.)
The legislation is due to be voted on in the Senate this week. Please either
copy the letter below, or write your own. Be sure to sign you name and
address Then e mail, fax, or snail mail it to your U.S. Senators.  Phone
calls are fine also.  We are especially in need of support from Republican
Senators. If you can get your doctor to sign a copy and you can mail if
for/her/him, please do so.
Do It Now, Please!

 This is the address to find out how to contact your state senators.
http://www.senate.gov.
  Please cut and paste the web address in your browser to access the link.

Dear Senator (Your U.S. Senator),
I strongly urge you to vote for the passage of S 3001, the improved food
labeling bill as written. I am a celiac and this legislation is critical to m
e. It will be a major tool in helping me treat my illness by the only known
treatment, avoiding specific foods. I need to have all the ingredients in a
product clearly stated. Current legislation allows for vague names such as
(artificial ingredients, natural flavors, food starch, etc.) or even worse,
products misleadingly labeled because some ingredients that are toxic to
celiacs can be left off labels.  The improved labels will help me and others
easily identify gluten free products that I can safely eat.

There are many other people with dietary restrictions that will also benefit
from total identification of ingredients.  All of us need your help.  If you
don't help us now, we may not be around for your next election.

Thank you for your support on this vital issue.

Sincerely yours,