From:
Roger Buckmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:07:32 -0700

Hello All,
Enclosed below is a msg I just recently posted to Fool.com msg board on
the Proctor & Gamble msg board ... :-) Fool.com is a investment site
(very good info) and they have a msg board where stockholders or a
potential stockholder can discuss the stocks they have or are interested
in. I also suspect that institutional players frequent the boards there.
I hope this is a positive move on my part (one recommended to us on the
list) and I suspect we might have a few visitors in the future whether
we will be aware of them or not. :-) We will see what dirt this kicks up
   http://boards.fool.com/Boards.asp?id=1210171000000000
Best to all - Dona J. Buckmann

"I am curious about how a boycott of P & G products by thousands would
affect the bottom line of this company and therefore its dividends?

How would a web site dedicated to an email campaign blitz bombarding the
company, with requests to reconsider their recent change in company
policy toward disclosure of whether their products contain "gluten" or
not, affect the company and therefore its shareholders?

How would it affect the company if this web site was book marked and a
msg with it contained within was sent to every imaginable msg subscriber
group that was set up with nutrition and health in mind?

I ask these questions because many products today contain gluten (wheat
protein). It is quite pervasive and it is in many food products as well
as non food products. This is a health issue for a great many people
that have either a wheat allergy or that have celiac disease. (gluten
intolerance).

Proctor and Gamble has had a recent policy change in their willingness
to disclose whether or not their products contain gluten or not. Which
is completely contrary to what most other company/manufacturers do. Many
of which are direct competitors.

With this change in policy by P & G, a fire has been lit on several
boards concerned about this issue, one being a celiac list.

http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/faq.html#celiac disease

http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/index.html#index"