From:
Leslie Granson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:35:55 EST

My 23 yo celiac daughter's acid reflux got immediately worse and the symptoms
have not stopped after an endoscopy/GI biopsy performed by one of the leading
celiac surgeons in our location. The doctor in question has no answer for this
problem. My daughter takes zantac which helps for short periods of time, but
has no lasting curative effect. She also takes digestive enzymes and
acidophilus. She was about to try L-glutamine but after the recent posting,
she is now afraid to do so. She avoids citrus and all other heavily acidic
foods.

Has anyone else suffered from the aftermath of a upper GI biopsy in this
manner?? Even if this is not the case for you, does anyone have any advice for
my daughter whose heartburn, burping and discomfort also increase dramatically
with stress?? She tries to live with this but it is really concerning both of
us. We are opposed to any more testing or mainstream drugs. She would love to
hear of homeopathic/herbal remedies which have helped fellow sufferers of acid
reflux.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Leslie in Atlanta