Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:56:07 -0800

Thanks to all for the many helpful responses to my question about the gf
status of this product.  Sorry I forgot to mention that I am in Canada.  It
really is important to give location!

I received about 20 response saying it is safe, other people suggest
Contadina which I don't think is available in Canada.  A couple of
responders mentioned Trader Joe's.

Several listers took the trouble to go beyond a simple answer and gave
additional very helpful info.  Excerpts from those posts are added below in
the hope that others will find them helpful:

>I have talked with Hunt's.  All of their tomato sauces and pastes are GF,
except for the tomatoes with green chilies.  Their spaghetti sauces are
split, some GF, and some not.  You need to call about them.  Their ketchup
is not GF!

>This product is GF,  and they provide a GF list you can request
www.penny.ca/Hunts.htm
You can try calling.  1 800 457 6649

>Hunt's is listed on Abigail Neuman's g.f. list at
http://geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html  That's a good place
to start when you need to find a brand.  You can always double check that
information if the labels/ingredients seem have changed.

Again, many thanks,

Jessie