From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:16:27 -0700

Hi Friends -
I prepared a summary of the Gluten-free lipstick responses from my May
question but the listserve wouldn't sent it on because they said it had
an attachment on it.  (It didn't as far as I could tell, and so I was
stimied.)  If you would like the summary, please let me know and I will
send it to you directly.

Also, I just got off the phone with Safeway Store (1-888-723-3929) and
they seem to be very on top of the gluten content of their store brands
(which include Safeway Select, Safeway, Lucerne, Enlighten, Healthy
Advantage, and Manor House).  I was told they NOT ONLY list wheat, rye,
or barley if it is included in a food ingredient, but they ALSO are
listing whether the presence of allergens  at the manufacturing plant
might cause cross contamination.  This policy went into effect in March
of 2002, so most of the items currently on the shelves should reflect
this.

If you call the number above, they would be happy to send you a list
(updated March 2003) of their current store-brand gluten-free foods.

Jackie in AZ