From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:18:26 -0400

I've heard positive things about traveling to Alaska with Princess cruiseline, but most people responded about the ship, itself, and my concerns lie with the week before, when we'll be doing the landtour for a week, from Fairbanks to Anchorage. If there is anyone out there who has had experience with the following, I'd welcome the information. Is there anyone you contacted besides Princess, to make arrangements? Did you get meals prepared at the lodges to take with you when you were on the road? Were the trains able to accommodate gf? Princess says they cook major meals on the trains.

We'll be in Fairbanks for an extra day, before the landtour. If anyone has any recommendations for gf-friendly restaurants, please include that.

Fairbanks El Dorado gold mine tour, Sternwheeler Riverboat Cruise

Trainride from Fairbanks to Denali. ("Princess Rail")

Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denali

(Breakfast) Covered Wagon Ride in Denali

Trainride from Denali to Talkeetna

Trainride from Talkeetna to Whittier/Anchorage

Thank you. We're leaving at the end of July.

Linda

*******
*******