From:
Linda Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 11:29:31 -0800

Here is a schedule of IRC chats for January, 1997

 =Sun=   =Tues=
  5th     7th "DH special" (see note below)
  12th    14th
  19th    21st
  26th    28th

All of these meetings are held at 7pm Eastern time on an Efnet server,
channel #celiac. If you're not up to speed on signing on to the IRC
chats, you can get a file that talks about it by sending email to:

with this message in the =body= of the email:

  GET CELIAC IRCINFO CELIAC

This month we're going to start having a special meeting on the first
Tuesday of each month, for people with dermatitis herpetiformis. Common
garden-variety celiacs are of course still welcome at these meetings --
many of the concerns of DHers are the same as plain celiacs (e.g. diet,
cooking, nutrition, long-term effects etc.) -- but DHers also do have
special concerns and would often like to talk to each other. For this
reason we're setting aside a special day which should increase the
liklihood that the DHers can get together.

On any ordinary day in the Internet Relay Chat channel, we have anywhere
from two to seven people at a time -- we are often there for as much as
two hours! -- and we joke and talk about whatever is on our minds. Having
"live" interaction with other celiacs provides a lifeline for many of us.

During the holiday season the meetings got a little thin -- I know I was
rarely able to make it, what with the Christmas rush in our store -- but
hopefully you'll find someone there from at least 7-8 pm Central,
Tuesdays and Sundays from now on.
--
Linda Blanchard
http://www2.basinlink.com/us/mindpla/main.htm  <==celiacs and sf