From:
Angela Mize <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Mize <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 04:56:47 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the emails and encouragement. I want to clarify for some that
EGD stands for Esopho-gastro-duodenoscopy. This means in English,
Endoscopy. This is the test that is run where the docs take biopsies in order
to diagnose Celiac Sprue or other ailments.
The test went well. I didn't start the GF diet before the test based upon this
list. I did eat a large dossage of wheat and gluten products a few days before;
just to make sure. I will not have the results of the biopsies until Monday at
best. The doc did find a hiatel hurnia and problems from a previous GERD
surgery. No matter what the results, I am going GF. SO... I am starting on
Saturday. I spent to day today gathering supplies and the such. I talked to my
brother who has been gluten free for a few years now. I am thankful for his
input and support. I had to appologize for taunting him about it for the past
few years. My bad.
Not only do I have the mineral and vitamin defficiencies but I have had GERD
for years, IBS, mouth sores, neuropothy, raynauds, fatigue, arms twitching,
frequent illnesses, asthma, depression and anxiety, and frequent skin
breakouts. I am also have a problem with milk. I must not forget the worst of
them all..... frequent migraines; at least one a week.
None of the doctors could find the problem with me. Some told me it was in my
head and that depression caused all these problems. I fired them. I haven't
been able to work since 2005 and I had to drop out of counseling graduate
school.
Since I am a gentic carrier, I am having my son's blood tests next week. I will
let you know how things turn out.
Thanks for everything so far.