Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:40:29 -0500

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> I read an interesting piece in a magazine last week (I think it was Glamour)
> discussing the new concept of a high protein, low carb diet- they said they
> felt it was not a good idea as the initial weight that was taken off is due

The concept of a high protein, low carb diet is not really new. Also,
you are probably talking about low carb diet, period. Very few, if any, of
these diets actually recommend high protein. What they do recommend is
appropriate protein, which usually happens to be higher than what one might
eat on a high carb diet. If you want to learn more about low carbing the best
book to start reading is Atkins' "New diet revolution". In it he answers the
various claims and misrepresentaions made about low carb diets.

> This is actually the opposite of what my nutritionist recommended a few
> months ago for cutting carbs, not only for weight loss but for increased

150 gm carbs per day is not really low carb, but it's an improvement. I
wonder how much you were eating before. I am low carbing now and my daily
carbs add up to just about 10gm.

Ilya