From:
Bruce Culver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 00:17:03 -0400

Just to let you know.  Had my colonoscopy done at Baylor Medical in Dallas,
TX, where they have Celiac Research.  Sometimes people with Celiac who are
abiding by the gluten-free diet diligently and yet are still having bowel
problems (i.e., diarrhea), they might have microscopic colitis.  This
colitis can only by seen via biopsy through a microscopic (hence,
"microscopic" colitis).  If through biopsy, it is determined that you have
microscopic colitis, there are ways of managing your diarrhea and possibly
getting rid of it completely.  I will be undergoing treatment for
microscopic colitis for the next 30 days, and hopefully, after that, my
diarrhea will be gone and so will the microscopic colitis.  Should you have
any questions regarding this microscopic colitis, you need to call Dr.
William Santangelo's office in Dallas at 214/818-0896 and visit the Baylor
Medical Center website
(www.baylordallas.edu/BaylorsBest/default.asp?PageID5) for more
information.  It's very simple treatment.

Working together,
Renee' in Florida