From:
Ann Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Speer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 05:06:48 -0700

Thank you for all your prompt responses.

  - 1 person said yes. You can eat yeast, unless the person has a yeast infection in ones blood.

  - 3 people said yes, just not Brewer's yeast.

  - 2 people said yes, however some celiac (esp if it took a long time for a dx) have bacterial and fungal overgrowth issues. Those with fungal overgrowth, mold or candida allergies cannot eat yeast.

  - 2 people said, some celiacs are allergic to yeast. Some are not.

  - 8 people said, yeast does not contain gluten.

  - 1 person mentioned that all prezetls contain yeast. They have to if you want them to taste good. And yeast has nothing to do with gluten.

  - 1 person said, many people with CD are also sensitive to yeast. When I tried to add in GF yeast breads, I would get sick. Not only am I gluten sensitive, I cannot eat anything with yeast

  Ann in Florida