From:
Diana Iklov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diana Iklov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 22:39:11 -0500

Rainy Days Never Tasted So Good!

Next time Mother Nature won't let you outside, bake up this tasty treat to
beat those rainy blues. These crackers are perfect for a mid-day snack and,
as always, are free of gluten and the 8 most common allergens!

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=vrjbfrdab.0.0.rimjvwbab.0&ts=S0471&p=http%3A%2F
%2Fenjoylifefoods.com%2Fenjoying_life%2Frecipes_ind.php%3Fid%3D99&id=preview
> Thyme, Sundried Tomato Rice Crackers

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. Golden Flax Seeds
1/8 tsp. Cumin Seed, ground
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1/4 cup Hot Water
1 tsp. thyme leaves (fresh is best!)
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds (extra needed for garnish)
1/4 cup white or brown rice flour
1/2 cup ENJOY LIFE CRUNCHY RICE CEREAL

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2) Combine Flax, Thyme, Cumin, Salt, Tomato Paste and Hot Water in a food
processor bowl. Allow to sit for one minute. Run processor for about 30
seconds. Add in sunflower seeds and rice flour. Run processor again for
about 20 seconds. Add in Crispy Rice cereal and process until nearly mixed
into the dough.
3) Working quickly, place dough on a piece of parchment and using wet hands,
push down to flatten. Using a rolling pin, roll dough to 1/8" - 1/16". If
dough is sticky, cover with another piece of parchment and roll slowly from
the center. If dough cracks, repair with more dough and use water as glue.
4) When you achieve the desired thickness, brush entire surface with water,
sprinkle sunflower seeds on top and press in with rolling pin. Possible
other garnishes to add include: fresh herbs, black pepper, coarse sea salt
or garlic.
5) Using either a round or wheel pastry cutter, cut the cracker dough into
desired shapes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and place in
center rack of the oven.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Allow to cool
completely before eating.

NOTES:

-Alternative shapes: Roll dough into thin cylinders and bake for crunchy
bread sticks.
-Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks.

Yield: 20- 1.5" square crackers

Enjoy Life products are CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE and ALLERGY FRIENDLY. They
contain NO: wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg or soy. Keep those
smiles going all day with our cookies, snack bars, trail mixes, bagels,
chocolatey bars and more– they’re tempt-sational!

Available online and at natural food and select grocery stores nationwide.
Join our community for recipes, special offers and more!
<http://www.icebase.com/go2.shtml?sRt0NRAWNLU4LLor/0a702cc81b0a64ea/1337d101
[log in to unmask]> www.enjoylifefoods.com

Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and read our blog!
<http://www.facebook.com/enjoylifefoods> www.facebook.com/enjoylifefoods
<http://www.twitter.com/elfceo> www.twitter.com/elfceo
<http://www.enjoylifefoodsblog.com/> http://www.enjoylifefoodsblog.com/