From:
Dianne Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:24:10 -0800

Does anyone take estrace hormone replacement or climara patch? And if so
which is the best and if they are gluten free?

Dianne

Thanks for all suggestions, If anyone has any more information please
continuing sending.

I take Estratest and the Climara patch. Both are gluten free.

Lisa

Due to a complete hyst. when I was 28 I
have been on HRT for 8 years now.  I have tried just
about all of the patches and even tested one brand for
the manufacturers.  I am currently taking Climara with
no problems except a rash if I don't rotate the site
often enough.  The rash is only from irritation
though.  I prefer the Climara patch because it stays
on better than some other, is smaller in size and does
not make any noise when you bend over, lol.  I have
had some that make a crinkling and crackling noise
from the plastic when you move or touch it.  Take
care!  Janna
PS I also prefer the patch because I only have to take
it once a week.  Easier to remember!

Natural hormones from women's international pharmacy are the best and
safest.  800-279-5708 I used them for years.

I have used Estraderm patches for several years with no problem.  I tried
the ones you change once a week and they gave me a rash.  I also couldn't
tolerate oral estrogen but it wasn't a cd type reaction.  Linda in Iowa
USA

I use a hormone replacement and have used a form of hormone replacement
since 1987.  I use premarin white 0.625mg with no dye.  I have to make
sure that this is no red #40 dye in the hormone replacement or in any
other products I use cause it has gluten in that red #40 dye.  I tried to
use a patch estraderm 0.1mg/ estradiol transdermal system, but couldn't
use it cause of the adhesive having gluten in it.  I hope this has been
some help to you.

I take Premarin, estrogen replacement.  It is GF.  Renee C

I take estrace.  Have for a number of years.  I checked and it was gluten
free when I first started taking it and assume it still is.  I have no
problems with it.  I tried the patch (not sure which one) first but got a
rash around the site so my dr.  said that I was probably allergic to the
delivery system and switched me to Estrace which she said is easier on
the system than the other hormone pills available.  Hope this helps

I've been on Premarin 0.625 mg for over two years with no problems.  Good
Luck!

I take estratest and have had no problems with it.

I don't know which is best, but I take estrace and have taken it for
about 7 years with no problem.