From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:02:46 -0400

I should have known better than to make a suggestion and NOT give the recipe!! :-)
Already several of you have asked for my crepe recipe, and since I'll probably get more,
let me post it to the whole group. Feel free to email me back if you have any questions.

There are probably many good crepe recipes out there, but the one I follow comes from
an excellent GF cookbook: Gluten-Free Baking by Rebecca Reilly. If you aren't familiar
with this one, it is definitely worth taking a look at. It is not a "basic" cookbook, but if
you are beyond making macaroni and cheese and would like a really tasty broccoli,
mushroon and cheddar quiche, this book is for you. Reilly is a trained chef; she and her
two children are gluten intolerant so she knows a bit about a GF diet!

3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 half cup potato starch
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter

Put the eggs and milk in a blender and mix well. Add the potato starch and salt. Blend
again. Strain (I never do this) and refrigerate for 20 or more minutes. When you are
ready to make the crepes, whisk in the oil or butter.

The rest of the recipe follows the same proceedure as any other one for crepes. If you've
made crepes before, you know what I mean. If you haven't, take a look at any cookbook
for directions. Side one cooks about one minute; side two about 30 seconds.

One note: For my idea to use as sandwich wraps, I think I'd make a bit thicker crepe than
usual. Not much...just a little bit thicker. Of course, you can add all kinds of things to the
batter to make them even tastier.

Enjoy!

Joy

*******