From:
Silver DarkSky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 12:16:03 EDT

By now, you have heard about how I was dx'd with CS.  To recap briefly.

I made my children's foods, from scratch, one whole food at a time and waited
for reactions before offering a new food.  Both reacted to wheat and oats and
this was before I heard of Celiac Sprue.

Recently when I was admitted to the hospital because of an ibuprofen induced
ulcer, I begged for a biopsy as long as the endoscope was in the
neighborhood.  It came back with flattened villi suggesting CS.  I suspected
if my kids had CS it would come from me as they have different fathers.

My Grand daughter is one year old on the 19th.  Her Mom with held wheat and
oats for about eight months.  There were no overt symptoms.  However, she
still has loose stools, watery and unformed.  Last night she cried for hours
with watery stools and no fever.

Today, I suggested putting her on a gluten free diet for a while to see if
her bowel movements solidify.

I wonder if any other multigenerational people with CS have had similar
problems.

If her bowel movements solidify GF I am going to assume keeping her GF is a
good idea.

Thanks

Blessed Be!
Rev. Silver DarkSky ULC