From:
Bob Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:02:34 -0500

I wrote to Olive Garden to see if they could send me a list of foods from
the menu that I would feel safe eating.My brother and sisters wanted to
take my mother out for her birthday this weekend. here is their reply,
Dear Robert:

We appreciate your desire to know which items on our menu would be safe for
you to eat with regards to your food allergies.  Like you, we are concerned
about your health and safety.  Identifying allergens is a complex process
for restaurants as there may be minuscule amounts of ingredients our
vendors may not list.  Our nutritional database does not include
information to the level of detail you require.  Due to the complexity of
our menu and extensive vendor sources, we are unable to recommend any of
our menu items with the confidence that we both need.

We certainly empathize with the challenges presented to you when you weigh
decisions regarding dining out. Often, when it pertains to allergies, we
can initiate an analysis of selected food items.  Because this involves
extensive research, we require a written request from a medical
professional directed to the attention of the Guest Relations Manager at
our address or fax number, 407-245-5189.  We are very sorry that we are
unable to help you further at this time.

Olive Garden Guest Relations
    Looks like we will be going to The Outback : )