From:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:53:52 -0400

Couldn't resist chiming in about Frito Lay.  After her diagnosis I allowed
my daughter 2 things that I don't have - Frito Lay products and taking the
wine at Communion.  I had had a reaction to Frito Lay but I didn't want to
take it away from her, thinking that maybe she was "less sensitive" than
me.  Mistake.  For 2 years, her tTG levels would not quite go back to
normal, and she had terrible flushing in her cheeks.  I took her in to the
doctor of course with the diagnosis of:  "some people are just flushers".
Finally we decided to remove those 2 things, starting with the Lays
products, and the flushing went away COMPLETELY (she still has the communion
wine with no apparent problem).  We now realize that flushing is one of her
reactions to gluten, and are even "sort of" glad that she has this obvious
reaction to help keep her safe.  She also had flushing from the Stax.  We
have found other brands that are not a problem (Seyfert's and Shearer's
potato chips, Garden of Eatin' corn chips).