From:
Sharon Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Reilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:49:41 -0500

Hi Listmates,

It has been about a month since I requested info about the use of synthroid.
I recieved many responses that were very helpful and some were
contradictory. Many thanks to all who responded-there were too many to thank
personally-it made me feel reassured about starting a thyroid
medication.Here is a general summary.

Most said that they are currently on synthroid with no problems but had been
taking this brand for several years or more.

Several had warnings that synthroid was no longer GF. This raised my
curiosity so I called the Co. myself. I was told the the company now making
Thyroid has been bought out by another company and they would no longer
guarantee the product  to always be GF.

Three said they use Levothroid (generic)

Two said they use Levoxl  I called the pharmacutical co and asked if it was
gluten Free. It is.

I then went to the pharmacist and asked about the use of synthroid versus
Levoxyl. They advised Levoxyl stating that it was new-disolving immediately
starting on the tongue and is utilized so much better by the body that other
thyroid companies will start redoing their formulas to do the same thing. It
would be the way of the future.

So I started using the Levoxyl which by the way is also much cheaper.

It just males me want to say to those who are taking synthroid now that the
formulas  and compounds that they have been using may not be GF anymore and
they should take note.

Thanks again for all the help.
Sharon