Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:00:51 -0700

Hello again to all of you wonderful list members,

I have a question that perhaps noone can answer, but I'm going to try
anyway.

My daughter's endocrinologist explained to us that her type 1 diabetes ,
Celiac disease, and now her hyperthyroid condition are all autoimmune
induced.  I began wondering if there wasn't something that would put the
immune system back in balance and shut down this out of control autoimmune
response she's got going on.

I was in the health food store, looking for gf vitamins for her, and
explaining all of her conditions to the salesperson when suddenly the
salesperson remembered a brochure she had seen recently.  She located it and
gave it to me. It is for a product called Moducare  Sterinol - put out by
Natural Balance.  The brochure states in it that it will shut down the
autoimmune response and bring the immune system back into its proper
balance. The brochure says it is a patented combination of plant fats called
sterols and sterolins.. They have done a 20 year double blind - placebo
controlled clinical trial on it and published in leading scientific
journals.

It claims to be safe, natural and non-toxic, but I hate to introduce
something into my daughter's body that I am not certain about. Yet, if this
can help her I don't want to ignore it either.

If anyone has heard anything about this I'd appreciate your insight.

Thanks to everyone for all the support,
Jennifer in AZ