From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:43:24 PDT

I recently answered the "can anybody help" posting of a women in
Everett just diagnosed with Celiac. She has a doctor that doesn't know
anything about Sprue disease. She needs to find a gastro doctor and a
regular doctor in or around Everett. Her gut is in terrible shape with
Ulcers as well as the celiac and needs to take some time off from work
to let her gut heal some and get use to her new diet, plus she feels
greatly fatigued, but no bloodwork has been done to see if she is
deficient in iron or B vitimins. Her job requires her to be alert, but
passed out not long ago. She doesn't want to go back to work just now,
but her doctor says people work and have this disease and is not
willing to give her a medical leave.

I told her that she should probably not have dairy products for awhile
to help her gut heal better, and told her I would post a request to
see if anyone knows of a good MD and a good gastro doctor in or around
Everett.

We are going to spend some time together in a couple weeks. She is
going to get on the listserv soon. She really needs our support.

Sheryl Tingley
Auburn, WA