Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2015 18:28:36 -0500

Wow, I did get several responses, most were along the same lines.

Just to answer some questions before I get into the summary:

I know I'm lactose intolerant, so that's not it.  I eliminated lactose.
I work from home, so I'm in charge of about 90-95% of my meals.  We eat out very rarely.
I double and triple check what's gluten free from numerous resources.
I have immediate reaction (15 min) if I ingest a small amount of gluten, so I'm sure I'm not getting any.
I only brought up refractory Celiac because I know it's a possibility for 10% of us.  I was more curious of others experiences with it.  Not jumping the gun on it.  Just have some symptoms that showed up in the last few months that made me entertain it.

So here's the summary:

Check for other food intolerances.
The gallbladder can be destroyed by Celiac, so check that.
Oats or rice could be a contributor
Villi can take weeks to years to heal, depending on length of time between the start of the disease and diagnosis (BTW, had it for 40 years.  However, I know someone in the same boat and after one year no sign of Celiac.)
A couple of people suggested books.  Grain Brain and Breaking the Vicious Cycle.
Advice of not eating out for a couple of years.
One person suggested I'm so sensitive my body can't handle the FDA allowed amount.

My doc did do a biopsy for microscopic colitis, so I should know if that's it.  From what I've read, Celiac (among a couple of meds I've taken) make me a strong candidate for that.

Thanks

*******
*******