Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:01:16 -0500

   I recently saw this sorbet and thought it looked healthy for us - it's a Boston-based company.  Just thought I'd share:

Thanks for contacting us.   We are a small company and any input is
greatly appreciated.   We peel and puree whole fresh fruit - this fruit
puree is then thinned out a bit as needed with water which we purify
ourselves with this elaborate multi-stage filtration system - then we
sweeten to taste with crystalline fructose, and this batch is then held
together in a mixture with citrus pectin, and or carrageenan.   These are
the only ingredients that we use, and, in fact, these are the only
ingredients in the plant ever !!
    We never have used any other stabilizers like food starches etc.  So I
think that you have nothing to worry about.  We only produce FRUIT sorbets,
and we process the fruit fresh, so we know nothing is added.

Citrus Pectin is extracted from lemon peels in Europe, and is pure
Carrageenan is extracted from a certain seaweed in Japan, and is pure

    You can search these on the Web, - everything that I have ever read
says that these are clean and non allergenic etc, but you should check them
out for yourself

    We try to rotate the flavors with the seasons of fruit, and you should
see us get a better handle on that this year, as we get better at the
logistics.   Our issue at the moment is the texture, and the damage that the
stores do to the product, but that is being improved also.   Please keep in
touch if you have any advice.

Sunshine Sorbets

Dwayne Melcher
tel:  888 OJO-LAND