From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:48:31 -0500

I was glad to see that summary on degassing beans! I missed the
original post, and have another tip (not for making bean flour,
though) on degassing.

Last weekend I made some "baked" beans in the crockpot, starting from
canned navy beans. I usually dump the whole contents into the pot, but
decided to rinse them this time. When I rinsed off the thick canning
liquid, I noticed how they foamed up in the strainer, as if I had
added detergent, and I continued rinsing until they were not foaming
at all. My husband & I had no noticeable gassiness after eating them.

On Asafoetida, be careful when you buy it. I picked up some in an
Indian grocery, and read the label: it was mixed with wheat flour. It
probably comes packed without flour too, but that particular store had
only that kind.

Good luck and good health!
Bobbi in Baltimore