From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:54:19 -0800

Hi all.

Everyone said (about 5 replies) that muir glen is gf, and they haven't reacted.  Some pointed out that tomato can upset the stomach (or mushrooms too).  One suggested yeast overgrowth, though I doubt that since normally I'm one of those frighteningly strong, healthy women with healthy little stools (I appreciate it now that I'm sick again!)!!

The main concensus is that the antibiotics are really tough on the gut.  I called Zithromax's mfr and found out it IS gluten-free and then I called my doctor.  It's just an adverse reaction.  Bummer.

I was off antibiotics for 24 hours and my infection spread to my other tonsil and ear.  I guess that shows that I needed those antibiotics.

My doc started me on a course of Amoxil capsules, the best for getting rid of infection.  I found out that the mfr of the brand-name Amoxil doesn't guarantee GF status BUT they don't use gluten-containing stuff in anything.  They can't guarentee the same of their suppliers.

I've missed a week of work and the first week of school.  I'm sick of this, so for the first time in FIVE YEARS I'm sticking with taking a product which isn't fully guaranteed GF.  It's honestly the first time since diagnosis that I"m doing this.  I realize it's a big risk, but I'm gonna take it.  In the archives of this list, many people said they'd taken it before, so I'm going on hope now!  Have they worked for more people before?

Thanks for ALL the help, you guys, on this issue.  You always are there when I need ya!

Joanna