From:
ACDA Info <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ACDA Info <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:43:43 -0400

Last week, Senators  Wyden (OR) and Leahy (VT) wrote to FDA
Commissioner Dr. Peggy Hamburg, urging the agency to finish work on
the gluten-free labeling regulations.  The letter was prepared with
input from the American Celiac Disease Alliance (ACDA).  Senator Wyden
shared his thanks for our assistance via Twitter!

Here is the link to the Senator's press release and letter:
http://wyden.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/?id=13909021-972a-4cf0-9452-8929230546f1

This was yet another example of the advocacy efforts of the ACDA, and
from the community, working together to make things happen.  A letter
from Reps. Lowey, McCollum, Quigley, Moran, and others was sent
shortly after the Gluten-Free Labeling Summit held on May 4.

In addition, ACDA members recently met with the FDA to discuss issues
of importance to the celiac and gluten-free communities. We are
looking forward to having further meetings and outlining other ways
the FDA can help protect us!.

Beth Hillson
President
American Celiac Disease Alliance