From:
Michelle Bargmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:40:36 EDT

Well, I finally heard back from both manufacturers.  They said that their
products do not contain wheat, rye, oats, barley, or spelt.  But, that they
do not have a GF list, so they do not use the term GF.  My doctor can't see
why they would NOT be gf, and he said that those two products are sort of
generic type produts, so they don't have the backing of the brand name
manufacturers that do all of the testing.  How many of you take Lomotil or
Librax right now or very recently???  They have BOTH been bought out by
different companies within the last few years, Lomotil is from Pharmacia
(formerly Searle) and Librax comes from ICN (formerly Roche).  If you are
currently taking either of these, please let me know...this is driving me
crazy!

I need the Librax to slow down my digestion and try to control the colitis
that I also have.  The Lomotil is like an Imodium...stop the diarhea.  Does
anyone know of any similar type products that my doctor can't seem to come up
with?

Some people stated that Librax was very dangerous if I intended to get
pregnant.  My doctor says no...Any ideas???