From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:19:04 -0500

I know there are a lot of people on this site that publish their recipes
online, write cookbooks, etc.  So I need some information
regarding copyright infringement for baked goods:

1.  If I find a 'gluten' based recipe and convert it to gluten free
adding zanthan gum, changing flours and amounts of ingredients
etc, does the recipe belong to me or the original person?

2.  If the recipe can belong to me, then at what point (how many
changes) does it belong to me?

3.  If I use a GF flour mix and reference the Brand do I need permission
from the Company to publish their name in the recipe,
or are they happy for the unsolicited endorsement?

I ask because I have been looking for a MILD spice cake recipe and
finally found "just like Mom used to make."  I used the
recipe as an outline for ingredients, but had to change many of the
ingredients (in one way ore another) due to GFCF
and allergy issues.  I also had to add a few items for crumb and
texture. It was SO GOOD that my husband kept snuck back
into the kitchen for seconds and thirds...

That NEVER happens and I would like to post the recipe on my Blog site.

So those of you who know the "legalities" of this issue please write to
me and let me know what's what.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice,
Lynda Swink